Friday, March 25, 2005

Friday Night

So, it's Friday night. Like any normal red-blooded American male I should be out getting blitzed and getting laid, but here I am sitting at the Barge alongside the 737 line in Renton, bored out of my skull. Once every two weeks, we have a "Down" day, when there is no airplane in our position, and today happens to be that day. This is the day when they clean up and do maintainence and that kind of stuff, but since I am a "problem solver", it doesn't give me much to do.
I would sure rather be home with my sweetie sippin' a TNT and cuddling on the couch than sitting here trying to stay awake. So here is a Friday nught Poem about falling in love:

Cartography
Cartographers of old the world described
As being flat, and so defined
the Earth had edges
And if you sailed beyond the maps
Beyond the ken of man
you might come to the end of the Earth

Columbus sphericality supposedly proved
Or Magellan if you prefer, but not until
from space did astronauts with photographs
The azure globe did prove (Unless you
a modern Ludite profess)

I have always held the rational view
that Science conclusively proves as fact
the Earth is round.
Until, that is,
One Friday night
I slipped my tether
and fell off the edge of the Earth.

No comments: