Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Just another day

I haven't recorded anything here lately. Pat of it is just procrastination, but I have also been busy with other things. Last time I made an entry, I was stalled out remodeling the kitchen, which, thankfully is pretty much done now except for putting the final finish on the cabinets. Man, will I ever be glad to be done. I started in December.

My baby (the 1977 Datsun 280) has been dead in the driveway with an electrical problem. Finally after a couple of months of frustration I managed to find a broken fusible link. It wasn't fried, just had an internal break in the wire, which wasn't even visible. I only found it by running the fusible link through my circuit tester, and I could see the meter needle fluctuating.

I also have put the floor in the spare bedroom. I only have to put in a filler strip around the edge and put in new molding, then start moving in furniture.

As soon as that is done I need to start planning what I am going to do with the deck off of the living room. The whole deck needs to be torn down and replaced. I have never cared for the design of the current deck, so here is a chance to completely remodel it. I want to expand it enough so it can also be a carport as well as a deck. I need to figure out the dimensions so I can run some numbers for the cost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
» » »