Saturday, October 29, 2005

Overtime

So, it is Saturday, but I am at work.
Shipside support needs to be manned even if there isn't anything much going on. Just in case, like having the Fire Department available. It can make for some pretty boring days, but at least I get Time and a Half.
I haven't been up to posting much lately, as I had shoulder surgery, and I wasn't up to the challenge of typing one handed while high on pain killers. I was off work for a couple of weeks. The doctor would have liked for me to take off a third week, but I was going nuts. There are a lot of things I would like to be doing. Rebuilding the deck, working on the Z. Unfortunately they all require the use of both arms.
You can only watch so much History Channel and Speedvision. And Percocet interferes with my ability to concentrate enough to read.
We're going out tonight to Jazz Alley to see Keiko Matsui. She is one dynamic performer, so it should be good. We are taking Rose out for her 21st birthday. Hard to believe my baby is turning 21.
Tomorrow I am getting a car for Lisa (My step daughter). It is just a beater, a 1988 Nissan Maxima, but it looks good and it runs. For $250.00 it will be delivered to my driveway. I am told it needs a clutch. I know it needs a throwout bearing, so it will be getting a clutch whether it needs one or not. Who would tear off the transmission and not replace the clutch while you had everything torn apart? Don't know if my arm is up to taking on the job yet, but it I work smart I should be able to use tools to do what I would normally use muscles for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... palisades debt collection Oreck umax ppc automatic ice cream machines how blueberries may help lower cholesterol Cause impotence shrink penis herbs