Monday, November 08, 2010

Escaping the weekend

Contrary to all my good intentions, I accomplished exactly............nothing.
Well, I geuss that depends on your definition of nothing.
Robert Jordan's ghost written next book of the Wheel Of Enless Sequels just released book Thirteen of Fourteen. The new co-author has been doing an admirable job of finishing out the series. The transition has been practically seamless. I reserved a copy so that it was delivered to my home on the same day it went on sale.
So needless to say, I spent some time curled up with the book.
I finished the jgsaw puzzle I have been working.
I ate too much junk foor, while mourning the state of Football in the State of Washington.
It is incredible that as sucky as Seattle has played, they are still in First Place. It's not that they are good, it's just that the rest of the league sucks even more than they do. It was painful to watch on Sunday, but I stuck it out to the bitter end. For what purpose, I dont know other than I am just plain stubborn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me know that book's out. I placed a hold on it at my library.

I wish that series would hurry up and end, already... It's closing on 20 years I've devoted to reading the darn thing!

Al said...

NCP: I know exactly what you mean. I have anxiously awaited the release of each book, and have thoroughly enjoyed the series but...........it's time for it to be over. If things go as I anticipate, next year about this time the final volume will come out.