Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Free Wheelin'

But not in a good way.
When the light changed and I went on to Renton Ave. this morning, after I had straightened out, the driver's side front wheel and tire came loose from the car.
The didn't depart the vehicle. They were still hanging around the wheel well, they just weren't ATTACHED to anything.
I called home and asked Mrs A to call a tow truck. So we got it home on a flatbed and into the driveway, I switched vehicles to the Westfalia and I got in to work two hours late.
I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out what the heck happened.
The lugnuts are all still on the wheel.
The rotor is still in place on the vehicle, but the wheel is not attached to anything.
Oh well, I guess I'll find out when I get it up on jackstands.
Not a good way to start the day.

2 comments:

rennratt said...

That would have scared the mess out of me! I'm glad that you made it home okay!

Al said...

Renn: More of a WTF? moment than a OMG! moment. I had no problem getting out of traffis and stopping the truck, although it was making some HORRIBLE nioses.