Thursday, April 11, 2013

1953 Puma

I am currently negotiating the purchase of a one-off custom sports car/race car. The picture is attached.
It was on e-bay. I bid on it but was way outbid. The deal was closed at $20,200.00.
A week later I got an e-mail saying I was being offered the car for $10,000.00, which was my original bid.
I am e-mailing back and forth with the owner.
If this deal is legitimate, I think I can make a quite a bit of money by flipping this car.
Lots of questions. Why is it being offered for such a low price? I figure it is worth around what the original bid was.
I am excited as can be, but cautious.
Is the car licensable and streetable? It was built as a race car, As you can see it has no bumpers.
It supposedly can be started and driven.
It is located in Lolo Montana, about eight hours from here.
I have requested access to personally inspect it, and maybe take it for a test drive.
I have the money available.
I am trying very hard to be rational, so I can think straight and not get sucked in by the WOW! factor.
But damn it's pretty!

No comments: