Monday, January 11, 2010

Quiet Weekend

Didn't do a whole lot on the weekend. Saturday, L came over and she and Mrs A went shopping. I donated $100 to the cause. I had brought home work to do, so I spent the time doing data collection and collating. Boring stuff.
The reason I brought work home was that I went out for lunch and didn't come back.
A bunch of us that used to work together try to get together every Christmas and catch up. This tradition is over 10 years old, and is always fun. Our annual holiday fell through in December, so we decided to get together last Friday.
We went to BJ's Brew Pub. I decided I didn't want to go have a couple of beers and then go back to work.
Right before lunch they come to me and say "You know the statistical analysis you did on the costs on the last airplane? We need you to do it on the one before that, so we can do out headcount predictions for the next one"
I told them it would not get done Friday, but that I would work on it at home over the weekend and have it for them by the end of shift on Monday.
Lots of tedious number crunching At any rate, while the women were out, I put on the blues station and crunched numbers.
Sunday, R and "i" came over. We had a huge box of pull-ups for her, and she had promised to reorganize our spice cabinet. I'm not saying I'm a bit of a packrat, but some of the spices went back to 1985. They were probably still good..........................
All in all a nice quiet weekend.

6 comments:

sue said...

Nothing wrong with quiet weekends... or an afternoon spent with friends in the pub. :)

Al said...

Sue: Best of all, a quiet weekend started out by an afternoon with friends in a pub.

Anonymous said...

I have spices in my cabinet that I purchased before I got married.

They're DRY! I might NEED them one day!

Never mind that I don't cook.

Al said...

NCP: Throwing them away when you MIGHT have a use for them is just downright wasteful. And spices are expensive. So you understand why I had to have my daughter do the reorganizing.

rennratt said...

I finally cleaned out my spice cabinet last year. I'd had some of the stuff since I first got married...fourteen years ago.

It was pretty gnarly.

Al said...

Renn: My favorite was the Girardelli semi-sweet chocolate that had turned kinda gray. I'll bet if you heated it up, it would go back to the way it used to be.....