Saturday, June 19, 2010

Big Doin's

V graduated from High School on Tuesday. I presented him with a sizable check, went down to the bank with him and set up a checking account and debit card. He turns 18 on July 1st, so he will go down and get my name taken off the account as soon as his birthday gets here.

Today, he is moving out and moving in with his dad. So I will be out of the business of raising kids after 35 years. They never stop being your kids, but you don't have to watch out for them every second. I am working, so I hope everything will be done by the time I get home. This is day 13 of 19 in a row I am working. Things are getting a little raggedy around the edges.

I get off next weekend, so instead of taking it off, on Saturday we are all getting together and cleaning out my mom's place. It shouldn't be too difficult. There will be a big dumpster out back, and pretty much anything left will go to the dump. There is an upright freezer I am going to snatch, and some dining room chairs and a dresser.

Monday the Westfalia is going in for a heart transplant. The underpowered Wasserboxer engine is being replaced by a 2004 Subaru 205 Liter engine. The engine fits into the same home like it was designed to go in there. You use the Subaru engine wiring harness and computer, and set up a dash display for all the monitoring stuff. Close to double the horsepower. Mind you, it will be no stoplight racer, but it should be able to make it over the pass without downshifting into second......

Tuesday, off to the Eye Doctor for a checkup. If everything looks OK maybe I can have a new prescription cut for glasses for the interim until I can get the other eye done.

Thursday, to the Periodontist for the final prep for tooth Implants on July 2nd.

Whew! I'm tired already.

Six more days until a day off.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm tired just reading it!

Congrats to V!

Al said...

NCP: Me, too.

rennratt said...

I don't know how you keep up with it all.

Have you had any time to work on the Franken-Heely?

How about your glass blowing class? Has that started yet?

Al said...

Renn: The glass blowing class doesn't start until the end of July. I'm really looking forward to trying something new. Haven't worked in Frankenhealey lately. The clutch is stuck, and I just haven't had the time.