Wednesday, June 02, 2010

A New Direction

Well, I went ahead and did it.
I signed up for a course in glass blowing.
I had mentioned a couple of months ago that I might, because Boeing had been paying for any classes you took. Of course the minute I expressed any interest in taking course, they dropped the funding like a hot rock.
It is a little expensive, $275 for three classes, but I decided I wanted to pursue it any way. So for my birthday, I asked for classes. Mrs A wanted to pay for the entire cost, but I told her that was too much for a birthday present, so she gave me $200 and I will finance the rest.
I have a creative/artistic side of my personality that I have allowed to stagnate the last couple of years, as I have been busy restoring sports cars. It is time to take a different path for a while. I love glass, think it is an incredible medium, and happen to live in one of the world's hotbeds of art glass creativity. I have visited a couple of glass shops in the last year, and I am getting the bug.
It will be interesting to see if I have any talent in this medium.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sister "L" here- I'm jelous! I have always wanted to do that!

Anonymous said...

That sounds really fun! Maybe you could make a cool glass shifter knob for one of the cars!

Al said...

Sister L: Kinda ecpensive, but I have always had a fascination with glass. I'm sure it's harder than it looks.

NCP: Good idea!