Friday, October 14, 2011

Updates

When I went in to renew the tabs for the Westy, the clerk said that they couldn't do it because it had been sold.
Huh?
It seems it had been reported as sold. As I was standing there with the registration showing myself as the legal owner, as well as a current insurance card and drivers license, they let me fill out an affidavit stating I had never sold the car. I guess that was why I never received notification that the tabs were expired.
Oh well, it's taken care of now.
The new locking gas cap came in and works just fine.
I ordered a new drivers side rear view mirror, but haven't gotten it in yet, despite a couple of e-mails to the vendor, despite the fact that I TYPED IN CAPITOL LETTERS.
What a joke.
We took the Westy out for a drive up Snoqualmie Pass last Saturday to look at the fall leaves and stomp around in the woods looking for mushrooms. The fall leaves at the falls on Box Canyon were magnificent. I really regretted not bringing along the camera.
I paid off the car and the Visa bill this week, so we are going out tomorrow and splurge on dinner. The Red Lobster beckons.

No comments: