Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Year

It is sometimes good just to take a deep breath, step back, set yourself, and start over.
That's where I am right now. After a couple of years of frustration with my job, I decided to make a change.
This is one of the things I love about working here. There are so many opportunities. If you don't like the path you are on or the job you have, there are lots of opportunities to take a different path. I have done a lot of different things in my career here. And when I find myself frustrated or bored, I just go in a different direction.
I probably would have advanced a lot farther if I had stuck with one path, but that just isn't me. When I have learned most of what there is to know about a particular job, I get the urge to move on.
Since I am rated very high on my technical knowledge, I really don't have a problem finding a new job where I provide value to the organization, and at the same time am learning some new aspect of the business. I really doubt that there are many here who have a broader experience base than me.
So now I am learning a bunch of new stuff, looking at things from a slightly different perspective, back on day shift, out in a shop support role and loving it. I suppose right now it's like having a new girlfriend. I'm loving every minute of it, we're both on our best behavior. I know that some day I will discover all of the not so nice parts oh the job, but for now everything is great.
And besides, I am working four tens with Mondays off, and only work every third weekend.

No comments: