Monday, May 07, 2012

A Short Vacation

Lisa and Dan have been giving us the neener-neener-neener crap about how great their weather has been for the last month or so. So we took a week and drove over to Emmett Idaho to visit them. They told us to bring warm weather gear. I told Mrs A to pack jeans and sweatshirts.
It's a good thing I did. We were there six days, and we had ONE decent day. It rained just about every day. On the other hand we did manage to get a couple of drives in.. Headed up into the Boise National Forrest. Got up high enough that the road was covered in snow here and there. Went up to the Sage Hen Reservoir. Nice drive, about half off of the pavement. I really like the way the Westie handles on the gravel.
The trip in both directions was just fine. I did occasionally do the speed limit.
Dan got hired on as a plumber while we were there. I know Dan was excited and relieved to go back to work. He had been out of work for a quite a while with a hernia. He has been on L & I, but it is always good to go back to work. He had done a couple of jobs for a local independent plumber, and the word got around that he worked quickly and did top quality work, so next thing you know this company he never even applied to was calling him up and offering him a job.
I got the other top ball joint replaced on the truck.. once again it took about three hours, mostly with a air hammer and chisel.
Also replaced the three outside access boxes on the Westy.(curb water, electrical,and potable water).
Since today is my last day of vacation, we went ad took in a movie and then dinner at a Thai joint. We went and saw The Hunger Games. Good movie, lots of action and several plot twists. I didn't care for the way it ended. It just kinda.....ended. Oh well, I know it is the first of three books, so I figure the next movie will pick up where this one left off.
Back to the grind tomorrow, and since I have had the last two weekends off, I will have to work both days this coming weekend.

No comments: