Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Rattlesnake Ridge



Sunday was nice, with hazy sunshine and the temperature around 70 degrees, so we decided to go foe a hike. Neither one of us had ever hiked the Rattlesnake Ridge Trail, so we decided to try it.
I had been to Rattlesnake Lake once before, about 40 years ago, but I had never hiked the trail. It is a couple of miles, all uphill. It is a nice trail, but there were too may people. I guess we should have waited until Monday to go to avoid all the people and dogs.
For me, coming back down was worse than going up. My calves area little sore today. Need to get out and hike more.
By the way, there are not now nor have there ever been any Rattlesnakes at Rattlesnake Lake or Ridge. If there were, Mrs A would never ever ever have gone there. In fact there is a sign there that says there have never been Rattlesnakes there, but they have no idea why it is called Rattlesnake Ridge.

No comments: