Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Fourth of July

Of course I have the day off, for which I am grateful.
I guess I am officially an old fogy now, because I don't set off fireworks anymore. A lot of it has to do with no kids in the house as an excuse. They all go to one of the big commercial displays. I still get the occasional urge to make something go BOOM, but mostly it is a stick of dynamite I want to chuck under the neighbors house. Don't worry, I don't have any.
So I will probably spend the day working on the Z.
It is going back together OK. When I went to put the stereo back in, I saw that there was only one set of speaker wires hooked up. (and no, I did not put the stereo in). So I needed to run some new wires. I am doing this before I put the center console back in. A lot easier if you can actually see and reach the wires under the dash. I got it hooked up, but one of the speakers has a bad buzz. I probably reversed the wires when I hooked it up.
Then the console goes back in, the various trim pieces. Put the new seat covers on and put the seats in.
When I got the new water heater, it was too big to fit between the Z and the deck support, so I wanted to move the Z a little to get by. Unfortunately the Z would not go into gear. The clutch is stuck from sitting too long. Bummer. One more thing to take care of before it moves again.
Then bleed the brakes,
Then address the clunk in the rear end.
Then paint,
The list goes on.

No comments: