Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Kitchen

I am getting close to finishing the kitchen, but got derailed by putting in the new smoke hood. When I tore out the other one, like most things in the house, it proved to be a lot more work than I anticipated.

The old smoke hood had been cut down from a larger smoke hood, to 30". Consequently the switches and exhaust flue were nor centered, but about four inches to the left. Consequently the hole in the shelf is also four inches to the left. The new smoke hood has a centered hole, so I knew I had to make a new shelf.. When I took the old flue down, I was flabbergasted. The tube was attached to a blank wall! There was no hole. I knew there was a vent attached to the wall on the outside, but when I tore things apart, it was four inches to the right and six inches lower than where the flue was attached.

The new smoke hood can be vented to the outside either through a 7" flue out the top, or a 4" by 6" hole out the back, The vent location in the wall didn't allow me to use the 7" circular duct, so I have to use the 4" X 6" vent, which means patching the old hole and cutting a new one, shimming the new one. When I was presented with all of the problems my forward progress kinda stalled out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
»