Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Last Down Day

Once every eleven days, we have a day in the schedule when there is no airplane in my position, so it is called a down day. Today is the last down day, because they are stepping up the production rates. So let's have a moment of silence for the last down day (Zzzzzzzzzzzz)

I had my physical yesterday, and everything was good, except I had to break down and get a shot of cortizone in my right sholder. I screwed it up in high school throwing too much crap when I was pitching. I had this wicked knuckle-curve that would start out like it was going to hit the batter in the head, and it would break down and to the left, and if I had thrown it right, be a called strike. I remember seeing a guy bail out of the batters box for what ended up a strike. Anyway I have a torn rotator cuff, and every once in a while it gets bad enough that I have to get a shot. For a couple of days after I am not sure if I did the right thing, but after that, everything is good for a couple of years.

I didn't post anything on or about Mother's Day. On Sunday I was too busy DOING Mother's Day to write about it, and afterwards I just didn't get around to it. Sunday after church, we stopped off at DQ for lunch, and Carol gave in to temptation and got a big Sundae. She had been fantasizing about ice cream lately, being on a diet and all, so I more or less insisted she suspend the rules for one day. Afterwards we went to the Movies to see "Sahara". It was a very entertaining movie. I have read all of the Clive Cussler books, so I was prepared to be disappointed, but I enjoyed it. The only detail that really bugged be was that the "sidekick" Al Giordino just didn't look like a swarthy Italian. He looked more like he was Irish. But that is a small complaint. The story didn't follow the book exactly, but the things they left out would not have played on the big screen.

Afterwards I barbequed a rolled Sirloin Roast and a good time was had by all.

My mom is 78, and lives by herself, but we kids keep track of her. Since we had a full day planned on Saturday, I dropped off a plant and card on Saturday and stayed and chatted for about an hour. She is an amazing woman. Managed to raise seven intelligent, opinionated kids and retain her sanity. When I was going through the process of adopting Vincent I described her to the social worker as "June Cleaver, but without the pearls and skirt".When I was growing up, I thought all families were like us, with a mom that stayed home, a dad that worked, they loved each other and provided a stable nurturing environment for their kids. It wasn't until I grew up and got out in the world that I saw what carnage Family can cause to each other.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Examination malpractice in nigeria Cheep levitra 10 mg

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »