Saturday, May 16, 2009

Stories

Story One: "This is the Police, we have your daughter in custody. She is being charged with two counts of leaving a child unattended in a car, and one count of Shoplifting. She is heavily intoxicated and uncooperative. Can you come and get your Gransdon, or do we need to contact social Services?"

Story Two: "Crystal went into the store and stole the food, and then ran off she was supposed to be watching the kids, but got scared"

Story three: "I wne into the store and Crystal was supposed to be watching the kids, but she left to go over to the gas station. I never stole anything and I had one beer".

Story Four: "I ran into XXXX down at safeway and she said she would watch the kids while I ran into the store real quick and picked up a couple of things. Evidently she took off. I was in the checkout line, when some people came in talking about a bunch of cop cars in the parking lot. When I looked out I saw they were around my car. I ran out to find out what was going on. I still had the groceries with me but had not checked out. So they charged me with shop lifting. I had money and every intention of paying. I had one beer."

Eye witness: "I saw a young woman pull into the parking lot. She had to climb out of the passengers side of the car. There was no one else present. She went off into the store and left the two little ones in the back seat of the car."

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Are the kids okay? It wasn't too hot in the car, was it? OMFG!!!!!!!

Al said...

Sarah: It is SEATTLE in May. No way could it be too hot in the car. I rescued "i" from DSHS, and everything is OK. She was gone less than fifteen minutes.

Sarah said...

Thank goodness--I've heard, over the years, too many stories of kids left in cars for just that long, both in Arizona and in Iowa in the summer. And that can be all it takes. So glad you rescued him!!

Al said...

Sarah: My conscience would not have allowed any other choice.

sue said...

Oh, hun... I'm so sorry about this all. Glad you got "i" so quickly and as Sarah says, it didn't end up as badly as some others.

Al said...

Sue: I have experience with DSHS before. No way was I going to let them get their hooks int him.

rennratt said...

Oh, no. I am so sorry, but am glad that 'i' is safe with you. Right where he belongs.