Monday, June 22, 2009

Purloined Picture


Saturday we went to the Museum Of Glass in Tacoma. We spent a quite a bit of time at the Hot Shop, where they were working on a current project by a local glass artist. While I wasn't impressed by the project itself, it was fascinating to watch the process. I had no idea how much physical work by a bunch of people was required.


We toured the exhibits, which I found kinda paltry. Included is the one photo I managed to get before the Glass Gestapo informed my photography wasn't allowed. At least they didn't demand my memory card or confiscate my camera.
I mean WTF I just paid monet to get in. It's not like they were rare acheological ancient artifacts. I don't get how taking a photo would in any way endanger the display.
Oh well, enjoy the illegal purloied image of a beautiful object.
We stopped at a seafood place and bought a smoked trout, some crab dip, and some Gumbo base. The crab dip disappeared in short order, and most of the smoked trout evaporated in short order. The gumbo base will wait until I assenble the rest of the components. All in all, a very enjoyable day.
Father's Day was nice. Quiet. Both of my kids called to wish me a happy Father's Day. I watched the Seattle Mariners go over 50% in their record by beating the Diamondbacks, I BBQ'd a couple of excellent T-bones with fresh asparagus. Slurped down a couple of beers, and took a nice nap.
I told them at work that I have no intention of working as much as I have. I want to take every other weekend off. This weekend reminded me how much there is out there to enjoy, and I want to go and do a lot more with the lovely Mrs A.


No comments: