Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lost weekend

Or maybe Blogging on Percocet.

I had three teeth pulled on Friday. I'm only in it for the drugs.

I have been fighting bad teeth for about ten years now. One of the past conversations with the periodontist, and dentist concluded that I had about a 75% chance of losing those particular teeth. We tried to save them, but it was a losing battle. Everything we tried failed.
So the last resort was to have them pulled and have inserts put in, a long, painful and expensive process, which includes a bone graft using vacated bovine bone matrix. Yeah, you saw that correctly. Bull Bone. I will truly be part animal when this is over. Jokes could be made about being full of bull, but in reality I will be only a very small part full of bull.

I have been alternately napping on the couch, trying to read and watching the boob tube. I have accomplished exactly nothing, and this short post will be about as ambitious as I will get.

Time to go take another Percocet.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Dental surgery is NOT fun, but it does sound like they gave you fun drugs. Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

at least there's percoset...

Al said...

Sarah: And A strongly worded instruction to take the pain killers whether I needed them or not.

NCP: And who am I to argue with a professional......

rennratt said...

The thought of enduring this surgery makes me WANT to take a percocet on your behalf!

I hope you fly through this (in more than one way) quickly!