Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Chaos

I am not a big fan of Christmas. Too many bad memories associated with the time around now. I manage to survive, but I always feel a lot better once Christmas itself is passed. I get the following week off, so I can pull the covers over my head and make the world go away for a couple of days.
We are headed out on Friday for Utah to see our new grand daughter. We won't straay too long, will be back on Monday. As the saying goes, relatives are like fish, they start to stink after a couple of days.
Tomorrow we have to get going early. Take the dogs off to the pet hotel, come back and pack, cook egg rolls, and go in an hour early to work. Promises to be a hectic morning. Then Friday finish packing and head out to the airport for a 1:30 flight.
Not looking forward to the security crap at the airport, but you do what you have to do.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Too bad you can't hang out and see some Utah sights. It's gorgeous down there. Monument Valley, Brice Canyon, Arches National Park, etc.

Al said...

Yeah, I wish it was summer so we could go see the sights, but this time of year is not exactly tourist season, unless you ski. We are kinda planning to take the Westfalia and head back to that part of the country next fall.