Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year

2010 will not ever be my favorite year. Way too much drama. two major eye surgeries, Three dental surgeries. Drama with the kids,
New year's Day has been the kind of day I hope to repeat many times in the coming year. Slept in, late mutual shower and and all. I made Tempura for dinner for Carol and I and my cousin Lynn. A quiet evening at home. A scene I hope is repeated often in the upcoming year.
We have been together for nine years, marries for almost the same, but we have never had the time to really explore our relationship. Hopefully we will have the time to just relax and spend some time together.
L and D were driving down the freeway the day after Christmas, and the driver's side wheel and tire departed the truck and crossed six lanes of traffic without hitting a thing. We had made plans to work on his truck on New Years Day. Guess we shouldn't have delayed. The noise he was hearing wasn't brakes after all, but a wheel bearing. He managed to stop the truck without hitting anything. Damned lucky.
So I have loaned them my truck until they can get theirs repaired.
Hope everyone had a nice Holiday season. Mine turned out to be pretty good. The new grand daughter has red hair and these incredible golden eyelashes. She has a good disposition, is mostly happy, but will certainly let you know when she wants something. Nothing I love better than holding an infant in my lap.

No comments: