Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Not Much

I started back on second shift on Monday. Very unhappy about the shift change.
Must stay focused.
I have a high end job. which is challenging.
I enjoy my job.
Lots of people would kill to have my job.
I am respected in my profession.
#$%^&*(ing second shift.
Bought a sketch pad the other day and am getting my hand back into art. It's been about ten years since I have done anything. Right now I am just doing some preliminary work for a picture I have in my head that needs to get out. Skills are slowly returning.
The Westy is in the shop having the independent heating system installed and a few of the bugs worked out. Since the Westy already has a propane stove, the heater will be plumbed into the same system. One step closer to having things the way I want them.
I have my resume' in for a different job. Still on the P8-A, but in Liaison M.E. rather than ECAT. but a first shift job. only have to fill in on second shift when the regular second shift guy is on vacation or sick leave. It means giving up my lead position, but at this point I don't care. My home life is much more important to me than having a n "L" after my name on the org chart.

2 comments:

rennratt said...

After working in management for a few years, I thought that a return to hourly would be difficult. While the pay cut hurt, the increased time at home and the decreased stress were well worth it.

Good luck on the change; I hope you get it!

Al said...

When the manager that creates the requisition sends you a personal e-mail giving you the requisituin number, it is usually a good sign.........