Wednesday, April 04, 2012

BEAT IT!



We spent a couple of days at the Lake Quinault Lodge over the weekend. I got there depressed, exhausted and surly. After a couple of days I left recharged, revitalized and ready to go. What a great place for recharging your batteries.
Checkout time on Monday was 11:00 and we headed right out. We were home by 2:30. It was a beautiful day, so I quickly unloaded the HHR, changed clothes and started to work on the truck. I was sure glad I bought the air hammer and cold chisel. Even with power tools, it was a three and a half hour job. including the half a hour when I had to run to the automotive parts place to by a pickle fork (also known as a ball joint separator). The top mounting plate is hot riveted to the A-arm, so the majority of the time was spent getting the rivets out. I chose to air hammer and cold chisel the rivet heads off, partially drill out the rivets and pry it all apart with the air hammer. Time consuming but not too bad with a power tool.
So I got to beat on my truck with a power tool for a couple of hours, and in the end the truck was back on the road.

2 comments:

rennratt said...

I love that you are able to work on your own vehicles. As one who is inept in such matters, I can attest that you are saving a LOT of money!

Al said...

That is a great part of my incentive. Besides that, I work closely with the airplane on the factory floor, but I'm not allowed to actually touch anything. I love to get home and do something with my hands