Friday, June 15, 2012

Movin' along

The Westfalia is in the shop getting a new skylight installed. The old one cracked and will leak under torrential downpour conditions. Just bad enough to bug me. Also the battery is not holding a charge. If I charge it in the evening, it is dead by morning. I figure the alternator is shot. If the diodes are gone, it will charge while the engine is running, but when it shuts off, it drains the battery because the diodes are blown. Diodes are these handy little "gates" that only allow electricity to flow in one direction. If they are blown, they deplete the battery.
I need to get the Westy ready for next weekend, because we are heading South to Oregon for a family thing. My Uncle Ben Is coming up with his wife from Mexico, so we are heading down next Saturday. Back home on Monday.
This coming Monday I have made arrangements for the Pull-Apart yard guy to come and get my 73 Jensen Healey parts car. I have pulled misc. parts off of it for the car I am restoring, but I think I have everything I need, so I want the room in the carport. It is not easy for me to turn loose of it. I always get that "I just know I'm going to need something" feeling.
Take a deep breath Al. and just let go.
Not long ago, I discovered my fishing tackle was all missing. Really pisses me off. I have had some of that stuff for forty years. It is not cheap to replace. People have gun safes, I wonder if anyone has a Fishing Pole safe? At any rate I have bee gathering stuff up, have about $500 invested so far, still don't have a reel. I need to get all of the lures and tackle yet. Oh well. Father's day is coming, and a little bird told me there is a gift certificate for Dicks Sporting goods coming my way.
Right now I am imagining my self thigh deep in a high country trout stream laying out a perfect dry fly. There is a rise!

2 comments:

rennratt said...

I need to introduce you to my brother in law. He's a fly fisherman; he sells ties (It IS 'ties', right?) every summer as a side job.

He is teaching my kid to fish and shoot a gun this summer. It's very handy to have an outdoorsman in the family.

Al said...

As a kid it was my job to keep the freezer full of fish for the family. There being eleven of us ans us being good catholics, it meant a lot of fishing,