Wednesday, June 20, 2012

So damn slow

Patience is not one of my better virtues. I admit it. Everything just takes about five times as long as it should to accomplish.
I had decided to get rid of my Jensen Healey parts car, so I advertised it on Craigslist. I know I could have made a quite a bit of money parting it out, but just didn't want to go through the hassle of tearing it apart, listing the parts on E-bay and arranging shipping and all that. So I advertised it for $200.00 as a parts car.
I received a couple of inquiries, and then a guy operating a parts yard offered my $150. Hey, I got it for free, and took the stuff I wanted, so anything I got for it was just gravy.
It took the guy a week to come and get it. But it is now gone.
The Westie is in the shop. They replaced the skylight. I asked them to figure out what was draining the battery, and they are still working on it. I delivered it to them last Friday. I need it by this Friday. I don't feel so bad about not being able to figure out where the drain on the battery was coming from since the experts can't figure it out either.
We are supposed to head out Saturday morning for Oregon, and I am starting to get a little antsy. There are things I want to check on and get packed up for the trip. I hate waiting until the last minute.
Some times you have to slow down and let things happen at their own pace.
But I don't have to like it.

2 comments:

rennratt said...

I had to read this more than once to see that you sold the PARTS car, not the actual J-H.

I will confess that a bit of mourning took place before I noticed the word "PARTS". I am NOT a mechanic, but I live vicariously through your work.

In my brain, I will one day be a millionaire. I plan to mentally own that car.

Al said...

Even though it was only the parts car,there was a little pang when it went on down the street. The next step in the master plan is to finish up the Z and sell it so I can dump the money intp Frankenhealey