Monday, November 19, 2012

it's just for the drugs

When I went to the Hand Surgeon on Wednesday, he did a two hour surgery to reattach the tendon on the back of the last digit on my right ring finger. It will be in a splint for six to twelve weeks.
The good news is, I can't do the dishes. "Sorry dear, I'd really like to help you, but I can't get my hand wet."
Then on Friday, I went to the Dental clinic and had four teeth pulled and inserts installed.
All this just to get my hands on some drugs.
Seriously though, I hate Percocet. It makes me fuzzy headed if I take one and barely coherent if I take two. I also can't sleep if I take two. I wish there was something I could take that just made the pain go away.
Tomorrow I go in to get the dressing changed, so I will get a look at how the incision looks. The following week I get the stitches out.

No comments: