Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Turkey Separation Anxiety

Yesterday Mrs A cleaned up the turkey carcass and put the left over meat in the freezer. No more turkey sandwiches. Sigh. Next weekend I will pull one of the packages out along with a quart of turkey stock and make a batch of turkey and sausage Jambalaya, so the turkey goodness is not quite over with.
When they changed the dressing on my finger last week, I got my first post-op look at the incision site. Looks pretty ugly. There must be a dozen stitches. Tomorrow I get the stitches out, but I will still be in a splint for at least another month.
My right ring finger is my enter key finger, so I have had to adjust my typing. It's not too bad. What is really frustrating is that when I rest my hand on my mouse, the splint makes contact with the right enter button on the mouse. I will be navigating away, and all the sudden the screen starts jumping around doing things I didn't want. It always takes me a minute to realize what is happening.
And of course I can't play guitar, since I use my right hand for forming the cords.
We got our Christmas present for each other yesterday. A Nikon D camera with a zoom lens. I went ahead and assembled it and started in on the instruction manual. Had to charge the battery. The camera did not come with a memory card, so I will need to get one before We can do much of anything with it. I will probably do that this weekend. The goal is to be moderately competent with it before Christmas. It has been a few years since I have had a decent camera, and the new ones have so much automatic function that it will take a while to figure out things like how to set aperture and shutter speed.
On the other hand, one of my co-workers, Melody is playing Christmas music all day. I enjoy most Christmas music as well as anyone else, but I am at the mercy of commercial DJ's. Please for the love of God, do NOT play "Grandma got run over by a Reindeer". It was not cute the first time, it was lame and it does not improve with age. And please have mercy, no "Holly Jolly Christmas"! it was a monument to mediocrity when it came out. No Mitch Miller, no Spike Jones and No damn two front teeth.
Bah Humbug

No comments: