Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Reality Bites

Reality jumped up and bit me in the ass today.
I am taking my mom on a trip to the doctors tomorrow, and during the conversation setting it up the conversation drifted around to "Whose turn is it for Thanksgiving this year?" I knew it wasn't ours, but as it tuens out, it is our turn for Christmas Eve.
Today was just drifting around in my head, looking at the next couple of months, when I thought "Holy Crap! We are going to have to make egg rolls!"
For Thanksgiving.
Let's see. We are going to go see Trans Siberian Orchestra the weekend before, so that is out.
Weekend before that we will be babysitting "i", so that is out.
We have something going on the weekend before that.
That leaves..........this weekend.
Guess I know what we will be doing Saturday.

2 comments:

sue said...

Guess you shouldn't make such good ones. Then no one would want them and you'd have a free weekend. There's some logic for ya... :)

Al said...

Sue: I have heard this logic before. If someone asks you to help them do something, if you mess it up bad enough, they will never ask you to help them again.