Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Under the Knife

In an effort to help my Periodontist upgrade his car from a Porche to a Ferrarri, I am having oral surgery tomorrow.
I had three teeth extracted a couple of months ago. I am having new implants put in. These are top back teeth. The bone structure there is weak, so before they can do the inserts, they have to build up the bone.
They do this by inplanting a piece of vacated bovine bone matrix, which will actually integrate itself with the existing bone. It takes several months for it to become contiguous with the existing bone.
Bovine?
as in cow.
Now when someone calls me bull headed, they will be partially correct.
SO if I am not around, it is because I am loaded up on percocet and drooling on the couch.
The lengths some people will go to to get their hands on some drugs.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good luck, let us know how it goes!

Sarah said...

Hope you heal fast, and don't moo too much!

Al said...

NCP: Do I know how to have fun, or what?

Sue: Just so long as I don't have an urge to stand and graze...

rennratt said...

Feel free to sleep and rest all you need to.

I'll be here in NC, screaming on your behalf.

Al said...

Renn: Thanks for your support. Maybe if we scream in unison we could form a band.

sue said...

...and I thought *I* was miserable.

Hope you're feeling better by now!