Friday, September 03, 2010

Eye Surgery

They did surgery on my other eye on Monday. Lense replacement due to a cataract. They also did a vitrectomy at the same time. Since I had a Macular Hole in the other eye, there was a statistically significant chance I would develop one in my left. As long as they were in there doing the lense replacement, they did the vitrectomy as a preventative.
I am struggling a little with the recovery. My vision is of course, blurry right now. but that's not the source of my struggle. The damn thing itches.
This is not helped by the fact that I went back to work on Wednesday. Also aided and abetted by the fact that I forgot my eyedrops. When I got up Thursday morning my eye was bright red. It is gradually clearing up, but it still itches. Just a sign that it is healing.
When I went back to work on Wednesday, I reported to second shift. I am not a happy camper. My boss may be the single most ineffective, harebrained individual I have ever worked for in my entire career, and I've worked for a couple of real characters.
So I am shopping my services around at the Lazy B. I have a couple of good leads, but it may take a while to work any transfer. One of the other people in our organization is also upset enough that he has already put in for a transfer.
Part of the trouble is that I will be swapped back and forth between first and second shift nine times in the next eighteen months. That just ain't right.

No comments: