Tuesday, September 07, 2010

More Glass


These are the other two pieces I made in my Glass Blowing class.
They came out reasonably well.
A couple of vases/votives.
My other eye continues to get better. I am sitting here typing this without wearing glasses, something I have never been able to do. I can also read without my glasses, which is very neat. I worked on the computer at work last week without my glasses, although I had to bring the monitor pretty close.
I have to use eyedrops four times a day for another month. Then eventually I will be able to get new glasses.

On Sunday, my Nephew got married. He got marries at the Edgewater Inn, on Pier 67 in Seattle. The very same Edgewater inn where The Beatles stayed when they were in Seattle, and fished out the windows.
I believe the Mothers of Invention also stayed there, also fished out the window, where they caught a fish, and penned the immortal "Mudshark".
A semi-formal affair. Good food, free booze, and and dancing. Doesn't get much better than that. I bought a good suit for the occasion, and Mrs A got a new fancy dress.
Well, I need to go get ready for work.

1 comment:

Aldo said...

Cool, I love Flow and Eddy talking about the groupies at the Edgewater Inn on 200 motels.
We miss ya Frank!