Saturday, September 11, 2010

An Uneasy Peace

For me, anyway.
There is no peace between my wife and daughter. They go their separate ways, and although I wish we could all live together in peace, it is not to be. It would be foolish to try to do anything about it at this point.
I think I handled everything about as well as a man can. Neither my wife nor my daughter is mad at me. I have maintained my neutrality very well. I love them both, and they know it. It's just that they should never attempt to live under the same roof.
I helped R move most of her stuff. She is handling things as well as can be expected. She is pissed at the abrupt was things were handled, but recognizes that she and Mrs A are never going to see eye to eye. According to her, she didn't want to move in here because she was afraid that things would turn out badly, but ignored the little voice in the back of her head. That voice is there for a reason, and you need to pay attention. It is your subconscious telling you something that your reasoning mind isn't aware of. I know for me it is almost always right.
I keep telling them I don't care who said what to who, It happened, and I am not interested in placing blame on anyone. We just need to work our way through things in the most painless way possible.
But it is nice to come home to peace and quiet and not feel like there is a smoldering fire that threatens to burst into flame at any moment.
God, I miss my Grandson.

4 comments:

sue said...

Catching up. Sorry to hear about your eyesight. I hope you heal up soon and are feeling 100%.

Your glass is beautiful!

I so understand what is going on with you and your family. My eldest daughter has put us through the wringer as well, and it was so very stressful when she was living with us. I miss our grandson (he's 13) but it is much better and calmer in the house without her living there. I hope it all works out for you.

Al said...

Hi Sue. Good to hear from you.
I know from your blogs what you have gone through with your daughter. When I read the things that went on there is a real empathy there, because I DO know what it is like.
It was a lot of fun exercising my creative muscles with the glass. I thought the fluted bowl came out real nice.
(My word verification is: alisall. Right)
Things are still an uneasy truce at home. I insisted that Mrs A go to the doctor to get checked out. Her blood pressure is pretty bad (150/88 and she hasn't been sleeping well. I would really prefer she not drop dead from stress.

sue said...

Yeah...stress is bad.

I've always admired the glass blowers I've seen on TV and when we've gone to places like Silver Dollar City. You have shown a new side of yourself! Who knew! :)

Al said...

If you want to see my instructor, do a search for Jesse Bach glass blower and there is a 10 minute video of him blowing a glaass bowl