Friday, October 15, 2010

Updates

R is checking in to rehab on Monday. This is a good thing. Maybe it means that she has turned the corner and is taking responsibility for her actions. While she is "inside" she has signed over responsibility for "i" to her mom. It's great that her mom is actually doing something for her. I guess my attitude is "Wait and see". I can't be too optimistic at this point. We'll see how it goes.

Mrs A and I are going to Utah for Christmas. We have a new grand daughter, and while we can't get away right now, we do need to show R & R that we are excited for them. We have been together for close to eight years now, and it will be the first time we have gone to Utah for Christmas. I am not excited about all the hassle and expense. Airfare is about $750.oo round trip. By the time you add in baggage fees and other crap, it will be $1000.00. An awful lot for four days.

I got the other lense for my glasses today. I can actually see again. Binocular! It will take a little while for my poor brain to adjust. It has been almost a year and a lot of hassle, but it sure as heck beats being blind.

One of the things this means is I will go back to working overtime. Probably next weekend. they have not been working Sundays lately, so I will only be working six days a week.

I was sure wishing I was ready to retire this week. I found a piece of property over around Cle Elem (also known as 'over on the dry side'). 2600 sq ft house two barns and a shop, 23 acres of land. As is bank repo. The intriguing part was the statement "Purchaser is responsible for environmental issues". That could mean anything from the house was used as a meth factory, to having a sewage pond or the river overflowed onto the property. The feedback from the real estate agent was that it was the latter. Price? $199,000. If I was ready to retire, I would jump on it, but the commute to Renton would be at least an hour each way every day. And I am five years away from retirement. I sure hate to let this one get away. It has everything I want. If it only wasn't so far from work, and over a mountain pass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for full vision!!!

Al said...

Yeah, seeing is a good thing. Binocular seeing is better, binocular seeing with correct focus is very, very good!