Wednesday, February 23, 2011

PIRACY

OK so I'm going to go all politically incorrect here, so if you are a sensitive soul, get out while you can.
We have become a nation of wimps.
A band of pirates attacks and murders US Citizens on the high seas, and murders them in cold blood.
What do we do?
After capturing them we dither around trying to decide where to take them to bring them to trial
What a bunch of horsepucky.
The trial should be immediate and the penalty inevitable.
I WILL PERSONALLY PAY FOR THE BULLETS.
The penalty for piracy on the high seas is death.
End of story.
Maybe these sorry assholes might be deterred from the path of piracy is they knew that the penalty would be immediate and final.
Who the hell are we trying to impress?
We stick our nose in all over the place where it isn't really even our business.
This IS our business, and we send a spineless answer to criminals and terrorists.
Are we afraid we might hurt their feelings?
I'll hurt more than their feelings.
Kill them all and let the devil sort them out.

6 comments:

sue said...

I realize it isn't the "politically correct" response, but I'm with you on this one.

Al said...

Sue: Thanks. Now make them walk the plank

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

You know, it's weird. You said We have become a nation of wimps...and I swear that JUST this morning, I murmured to myself while watching the news (and please forgive me for being kinda crude) "America needs to grow a set of balls."

Al said...

PQ: I might have added that we meed to grow a spine. but I did say that our response was spineless.....

rennratt said...

AMEN.

I generally try to avoid condoning murder, but there should be a deterrent of some sort. Consequences for actions of this sort should be brutal.

Especially when the people on the boat were well known to be traveling to hand out BIBLES around the world. They started it back in 2002 or so, I think.

Al said...

RENN: The Rules of the Sea have always been pretty straightforward. The penalty for piracy is death.
It may have been the Bibles that ultimately got them killed.. Tis was an act so attrocious that no one in their right mind can condone their behavior.
I am not a great believer in the death penalty. However there are some actions that deserve death.