Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Slow Boat to China

I have an opportunity to go to China for several months for the company. Company housing, Per Diem. It would pay quite well. And I want to go to China.
Real bad.
But I think I will turn it down.
Because I can't take Mrs A with me.
I would be very busy helping set up a production line to manufacture control surfaces for the 737, but would still have enough time off to do a little exploring, buy a few souvenirs. But I really don't want to spend that amount of time away from my sweetie.
Even if they would let her come with me, what do we do about the house? I really wouldn't feel comfortable having it sit there empty for five months. We would most likely come home to an empty shell.
R can't stay there since she has a restraining order against her, and I don't know that I would trust her, since she just got out of rehab for Heroin addiction. Not exactly a highlight on your resume'.
Oh well, if I want to go there, I will have to pay to go on a trip. I'll work it out somehow.

6 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Wow! Still blogging, huh? I've recently returned...kinda sorta anyway...:)

I gotta hand it to you, getting a chance like that is awesome but I do see why you may turn it down...there's no way I could be away from The PK that long, I know I couldn't. Isn't there anyone else who may be able to house-sit for you though? SOunds like an amazing opportunity! :)

Al said...

PQ: The Company says they will not pay for her, that is the main thing. I would feel REAL uncomfprtable about getting her housing in China, and I sure as heck will not be away from her for that long.. I told them no sweetie no deal.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I can't say I blame you. The PK had an opportunity (this was years and years ago) to work and live down in Miami. While I know it's not like moving to China (that's a BIG deal), he still didn't want to be away from home all week long. China would be way worse...you're talking months at a time!!!

Al said...

The other offer was for Israel. Given the political situation over there, I was not really interrested in going to the Middle East...

sue said...

I love that about you... so many men would jump at the chance to get away from the "old ball and chain" for that long! (No, my Hubs is not one of them... hell, he called me several times during the night that I had to stay in the hospital! He doesn't do well alone after 31 years together. LOL)

Al said...

SUE: Took me over 50 yrears to find her. I'm taking no chances.