Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Grandkids

I said goodbye to my two grand kids on Sunday.
I may never see them again.
"i" was out of control, a situation made worse by CPS. The won't allow you to punish a kid that is placed under your care by the courts. I am not a proponent of beating kids, but find nothing wrong with the application of a wooden spoon to the "seat of knowledge". If you completely take that tool away from parents/guardians then it becomes almost impossible to control kids.
When a five year old is telling you he is going to kill you, and you find him stuffing paper in the electric heater, there has to be a more rigid form of punishment than giving the kid a time out.
Since they were having so much trouble controlling "i", they had to find some place outside the family to send him. They found someone that would take both kids. X is five months and the cutest little thing you ever did see, but the objective is to keep the two kids together. Since the place they are going has no other kids and a stay-at-home mom, she should be able to give the constant attention to "i" that he will need.
But Grandparents have no rights, so I am just SOL.
So I took the day Sunday to go up to Concrete and say goodbye to the grand kids.
Tough day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry, Al.
That is beyond awful :(

Al said...

NCP: Somedays you're the windshield, some days you're the bug.

Anonymous said...

You have more grandkids than just them too. I am sorry it came to that. I wish I had the money to fight those bastards. Your son

Al said...

Yea, I know I don't see near enough of Elliot. Wish you guya came arond more often.

Anonymous said...

Dad, I am free most weekends. He is with me 3 weekends of the month. So anytime you guys are home and free I would like to come over.

Al said...

Mostly I'm free Sundays. Have been working Saturdays OT lately, but no Sunday OT. You will be welcome any Sunday.