Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"Z" Paint

I turned over the 77 280Z to the painter today. I have been planning to get it resprayed for some time, and have been saving the money up.
Strictly by coincidence, my friend Gabriel that I lost contact with a couple of years ago showed up a couple of weeks ago, and he came over to take a look at the car to give me an estimate on a respray. I want to do something a little different this time. I love the emerald green to cobalt blue color changing paint, but I got some stuff that also has purple in it. I think the color change will pop better if it is covered with a flat clear.
At any rate, that's what I'm going to get it sprayed.
If I decide I don't like it flat, I can always get a shiny clear sprayed over the flat. I've seen a couple of examples, but only tesr swatches. There's no hurry, so it will be a couple of weeks at least.
Pictures to follow when I get it back.

No comments: