Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pothead

Anyone who comes around here regularly over time know I live in Seattle, or as I like to put it, Latteland.
Maybe I should start calling it Potlandia, as the infamous weed is now legal in the State of Washington.
Of course just to make things ridiculous, there is no way currently to purchase it. Distribution centers have yet to be set up.
It takes about 500 politicians a couple of years to roll one joint.
One thing that is in place is Medical Marijuana. If you have one of certain medical conditions, you can get a prescription. Well, I have Glaucoma, which is one of the few recognized universally conditions that can be treated with Marijuana. Glaucoma is excessive pressure in the eye, and pot relaxes the muscles of the drains for the eye,
The main reason was really insomnia. I haven't had a decent knight's sleep in years. So I wanted to see if it would help me sleep. Cost me $100.00 to go see the Naturopath, 11.00 for a gram of weed. They gave me a sample of a chocolate with THC, said it would help me sleep.
It did the opposite. I was up all night. Mainly because my mouth got so dried out. My sinuses swelled shut so I couldn't breathe through my nose, and when I breathed through my mouth it dried out my tongue so bad I had to take a sip of water.
Miserable night. It DID relieve the pain in my neck and shoulders. Maybe if I take  claritin before I indulge, it will work out. But not on a work night.

No comments: