Sunday, April 03, 2005

Sunday Downtime

Monday is Carol's birthday, so we went to Jazz Alley in Seattle to see Shamekia Copeland. Jazz Alley was voted the best Live Music Venue in Seattle in 2004, and Shamekia is a Handy award winning young (26) Blues vocalist and an excellent entertainer as well. The food was great and the show was great.
So we slept in this morning and were a little slow out of the sheets. Oh well. birthdays don't come around all that often.
I now have the veneer done on the upper half of the kitchen cabinets, and the doors done on the bottom half. After I get done with the veneer, there is still the fill and final finish to do, but things are coming along nicely. I'll publish a picture when I'm donr. Too bad I don't have a "Before" picture, although I do have one of my brothers and I in the kitchen from a couple of years ago with the cabinets in the background.
Next Friday we leave for a week on the Oregon Coast. The family owns a Time Share condo at the Rockaway Beach Resort which is about 15 miles north of Tillamook. We trade around out three weeks a year, and Spring Break is coming up so we have an oportunity to get out of Dodge for a week. A badly needed week, I might add.

No comments: