Monday, February 27, 2006

Blue Monday

So there was this really annoying noise this morning at 4:53. After I realized it was not going to go away if I just ignored it, I became conscious enough to hit the snooze button on the alarm. That worked so well that I did it a second time, but after that it was no longer possible to ignore the obvious, so I turned on the light and groaned my way vertical.
On Friday befoer we went out of town, we sold Mrs. A's treadmill. When she decided she needed it, I told her no about a half a dozen times. I told her "We will have for about six months and quit using it and then it will just be in the way." I finally got worn down and told her to go ahead and but it if she could pay for it, so she did. Very nice Nordic Trac 1900 with all the bells and whistles for over $1,000.00. One year old and barely used,we got $500.00 I bit the inside of my cheek and avoided saying "I told you so", as the consequences would far outweigh the momentary pleasure.
Mrs A. has been after me to get new furniture for the living room, but I have been putting it off, because I fully understand the consequences. I mean, if you could just but the furniture and put it in, that would be different. It just doesn't happen that way. Introducing a new element into a closed system always results in chaos. In the living room I have a nice leather couch which is very comfortable, but it will be bumped by the new set out to the music room where it bumps the love seat someplace. This move also meant the opportunity to bring my Teak entertainment center up from the basement to replace the cabinet where we have been stirring the taped and dvd's, which goes back in the basement to be used as a book case.
The new furniture will also bump the Big chair out of the living room and probably upstairs to the spare bedroom.
The new furniture is being delivered, so that's no problem, but guess who gets to do all the other furniture moving.
So Saturday, I took all the books out of the Entertainment center, dismantled it, put it back together. It took me all day. Shady I took the video cabinet downstairs and started putting stuff in it.
Half way through all this Mrs A. turns to me and says "Do you think the entertainment center is going to fit in with the new furniture. I made choking motions with my hands and moved towards her. I said "You know I think they would call it justifiable homicide, and if I get an all male jury I can probably get off scott free

3 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oh I can sympathize with both the treadmill and the moving furniture!!!

I've got a treadmill The PK got me for Christmas that is on our back porch collecting dust....I get on it maybe once a week (but I really am shooting for more!!!)

And I helped move my mother-in-laws ENTIRE FRIGGIN' house yesterday. I hate moving...if I ever have to move, I'm selling everything WITH the house....I'll buy all new crap later on...;)

Al said...

I swore after the last time I moved that I would burn the house down rather than move the contents.

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it investment+property+insurance+florida programas gratis antispam Wheelchair divas Activation key spyware nuker spyware scan home loans credit score 500 Cum teens blondies 3.0 blaster spyware Bras transvestites Beautiful solution bras Womens nike soccer cleats icq adware Nucar buick Petal pops by bean framed At+home+teeth+whitening 60 adware download lavasoft Home security pittsburgh pa New car wholesale price microsoft anti spyware beta version