Saturday, February 18, 2006

Dilema

I've been toying around with this book for the last couple of years. Whenever I am not doing anything else, I dig it out and add to it. I am about 10,000 words into it so far, but I am not too sure where to go now. My first impulse is to create it's own BLOG and just put it out there as it gets done, but it needs some rewriting to get it into some kind of publishable format. I mean, right now it is one long chapter. I will probably take some time this next week to write on it, but do I go back and revise what is already there to format it into chapters, or pick up the trail and just see where it takes me. Right now it doesn't really have a destination, I'm just taking the journey as it comes.

We just got V.s progress report for the new semester, so it looks like I won't have to be fighting him over the use of the computer, as he is getting two F's. The little shits IQ is probably about 140, but he can't seem to get it applied to anything but Gaming.

I am sure looking forward to a week on the Coast without any kids, just Mrs. A. and I.

2 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I've heard many successful authors say that you never go re-write as you go....first, you finish the book, then you go back and re-write.

I've had a book in the works for years now but I never have the time or the means to work on it. They say a true writer will make time to write...so apparently, I just don't want it bad enough.

Sorry to hear about that progress report...hope those grades come up soon! Maybe without the gaming going on, they will...

Daphnewood said...

sounds like V and my girl would get along splendidly. Have a great time in Oregon