Friday, February 10, 2006

Double Dippin'

So, I thought I was going in for a quick dental repair yesterday. Part of a dental bridge had come loose, and I was to come in so they could pop it loose, clean it up, and glue it back on. Wrong.
When they took it off, they found a rotten tooth underneath. The dentist handed me a mirror and let me watch as he used a dental tool to scrape what was left of the tooth away. It was about the consistency of half dried clay. So he had to do a root canal, insert a post, do a build-up, and put everything back together.
I woke up yesterday with the side of my face swollen yesterday. It kept real good time with my heartbeat, so I figured something was going on over there. Well, Root Canal number Two. Yeah, two in one day. Does Al know how to have fun or what? Ends up I was in the dental chair for six hours yesterday.
Al least I ended up with two prescriptions for Percocet. If I take one, I can still function, although it does take some concentration to get anything done. If I take two like the prescription says, you might just as well prop me in the corner and leave me alone, 'cuz there ain't nothin' gettin' done.

3 comments:

Daphnewood said...

ouch! poor you. I hope you are feeling better soon. I say take the drugs and sleep it off :)

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

You WATCHED??? Ahhhh! I couldn't do that! I would've insisted on TWO percocets BEFORE they even got close to my teeth! ;)

Al said...

I pretty much used the pain killers this weekend. I did manage to get out and work on the Z for a little while, but my teeth started to bother me, so I took another Percocet and assumed the position on the couch.