Thursday, February 16, 2006

Fun and frolic in the Dentists chair.

I was out yesterday with another Dental situation. As I whined last week, I had two root canals done on the same day. Well, root canal #2 went south on me. It seems that 60% of all people have only two nerves in #2 molar, 40% have a third nerve, and 20% have a fourth. You can probably guess which in I am. So they went in last Thursday and took out two nerves, but the side of my face swole up Tuesday and kept me up most of the night. I went in yesterday, and they spent a couple of hours looking around and located the other two, pulled out the nerves, but they couldn't fill the tooth because the canals are draining. Consequently I am sittin here with this enormous hole in my tooth which is open so that it can drain. They have me on a couple of antibiotics and Percocet.
On a different note, I gave away all my brewing equipment . I had made my own micro-brew for about ten years, It was every bit as good as the commercially available stuff. Even better, since I could tailor it specifically to my tastes. I was having trouble keeping my blood sugar under control, so the doc revised my medication, and added Metformin. The bad thing about Metformin is that I can't drink beer with it. A couple of beers, and two hours later it is killer heartburn. Nothing seems to help much, so the only alternative is (a gasp from the crowd), give up drinking beer altogether. I had a lot of fun making my own beer, but if I wasn't going to be using the equipment, someone else should. So I gave it all away.

3 comments:

Daphnewood said...

Al can I link to your blog? I just did it without asking first and I felt that was pretty rude. I will take it down and wait for your approval. I just think you have an interesting blog and some of the people I know would also enjoy reading it.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Eeeeek! I hate dental work....and then for you to walk around with a hole in the tooth...doesn't it hurt to eat or drink????

Too bad about the beer...I'm not much a beer drinker myself (I stick to hard liquor mostly....;) but last night I did sit with The PK and have two beers (which is pretty much my limit!)

Hope you're feeling better soon and they get that tooth fixed! :)

Al said...

Daphnewood, link away! Hopefully I can live up to your rcommendation!

PQ: Gin will go where beer fears to tread!