Sunday, February 21, 2010

Babysitting


Here I am being tortured by "i". It is a real pleasure to have a child in the house for a while. Seeing him gaze up at me with his big grin so full of love and trust and innocence makes life worthwhile.
As much as I love having him around, two days is the limit.
By the time two days are over, I am happy to also see him go back home. There is a reason children are given to the young. We mature folk just don't have the energy to keep up with little ones for any great length of time. We were worn out by the time "i" left.
He is 20 Months old, and already potty trained. The only time he had an "accident" was when he was asleep. It makes taking care of him a lot more pleasant, but just as time consuming, since you have to make sure you remind him, and take him in and help him and wash his hands after and everything.

4 comments:

sue said...

How adorable.

I totally agree with your statement about people having kids when they're young. Mine wear me out, too, and he's 12 now. I still don't know how I did it with four of them under the age of 7. Must have been nuts... :)

Al said...

Sue: I have no idea how you managed to keep up with four of them at once, especially suffering from OCS. I guess we never know what we can do until we do it.

rennratt said...

I'm incredibly impressed that he's already potty trained! Well done!

Al said...

Renn: It's kinda weird. He's potty trined bu he doesn't talk. He can make himself understood, just doesn't talk.