Friday, March 18, 2011

New flooring

I just today finished installing a new bamboo floor in the music room. I'm not sure what it will do to the acoustics, but it sure looks (and smells) a lot better than the old raggedy, pet stained carpet that used to be in there.
It is ginger bamboo, which is a couple of shades darker than just regular, and it matches beautifully with the moss green walls and white ceiling.
I still need to buy and install moldings and a trim strip to transition between the dining room and the music room, but that will have to come a little later, as my poor ancient arthritic body is already complaining loudly about all the bending and sawing and such.
If I can remember, I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them.
As a reward I get to work both days this weekend.

2 comments:

rennratt said...

Bamboo flooring is incredibly easy to deal with, and does help with acoustics.

Make sure to put fabric of some sort [on out boxes] around the room for better effect.

I bet that it's beautiful!

Al said...

Renn: More than anything I am afraid that with the room being square, I would get echo or rumble. I stop short of gluing egg cartons on the wall to eliminate bounce-back.