Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Today is a Good Day

That has become my Mantra lately.
Because it's true.
No one is trying to kill me, wound me, maim me, or harm me.
I have the ability to satisfy all of my basic needs without worrying about how I am going to accomplish it.
I have a good job that adequately compensates me for what I do, and has benefits.
No one is trying to suppress me or deny me my basic human rights. I am not a slave, a serf a peasant or an untouchable.
I am free to come and go as I please within reason.
I have a wife whom I love, and loves me in return.
I own my own home and several cars.
In the whole History of mankind it has been a real recent phenomenon that a person such as myself could live a life free of want.
So: It is a Good Day

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes if I am feeling sorry for myself about something, I just say...

"Hey, at least you don't live in Darfour"

That pretty much takes care of whatever thing I a whinging about...

Al said...

NCP: Yeah, sometimes we just need to put things in perspective.