Saturday, March 05, 2011

One Day Weekends

I pretty much work six days a week, some times seven. This was going to be a seven day week, but they asked me to give up one day so another guy could have a day of overtime. I know this particular guy is putting his son through College, so I gave up Saturday. Mainly because Sunday is double time.
I will need the money because I am finally getting the caps done where I had the implants put in a year ago. The first thing I am going to do is go buy a big bag of beef jerky. Not for a couple of weeks though, because Monday will just be to take impressions. Then the lab has to create the caps. I am getting impatient to have a full compliment of teeth. This process is pretty expensive, Hence the overtime. Some day I will be able to blow any overtime money on entertainment, but for now it is buying down debt towards retirement.
Also this week will be a visit to the Optometrist. I cannot see properly out of my left eye. I think this is partly because they prescription is wrong, partly because they didn't sync the lenses properly. I already went to the Optical dispenser to have them check that they cut the lens per the prescription and they say it is dead on. I know the astigmatism factor is wrong, because lights become "V" shaped in the distance. A single point of light, like a streetlight looks like a "V" laying on its side.
I had my annual Employee Evaluation this week. Of course I have the highest retention level possible, and I got a 3.1% pay raise. Better than a Vitrectomy (or a poke in the eye with a sharp stick) My boss was very complimentary of my work. I doubt she has any idea what I do, but I won't complain.
I had a very nice one day weekend. When you only have one day, you have to cram a lot into the time you have. I'm not going to go over the morning, but lets just say a good time was had by all. This afternoon we went and saw "The Adjustment Bureau" which was very enjoyable. It is an adaptation of a story by Philip K. Dick, one of my favorite authors.
Well time to get to bed. Got to go to work tomorrow.

No comments: