Tuesday, August 29, 2006

At Last.

So I am taking tomorrow off to help Rose move.She is going to be staying here at least part of the time. If she is genuinely trying to get herself together, it is a good thing, although I foresee some stormy weather ahead.

I haven't managed to get much done on the deck lately. All I have left to do is nail in the 2 X 2's to close it in so kids can't fall off and get hurt (or growed-ups either). I wanted to get done by Friday so I could actually take a couple of days off and maybe swill a couple of beers and read a book. I just bought Dean Koontz's latest (The Husband) but haven't had a chance to crack the cover yet. Maybe when I get through here.

I haven't written anything here lately because there has been too much other stuff going on. I need to order up a couple of extra hours a day.

Tonight it is raining, so I had to give up on working on the deck. OK with me. I have spent nearly every available moment working on it for the last couple of weeks.

I know there is a good story roaming around in my head somewhere, but I haven't had time to do much with any of them lately. Maybe I'll pull something out of some orifice or the other.

4 comments:

Rick said...

Funny how we can't see the stories for the trees. Same thing happens to me, but I can see at least three stories in what you just posted. (Picture a great-grandchild reading this as a diary entry a hundred years from now and asking, "What did thatmean?")

Al said...

I can't even figure out what it means NOW.

Daphnewood said...

I love to read books by Dean Koontz. I haven't read anything lately but that has been out of sheer laziness. How did the moving go?

Al said...

Everything went fine, but my back is a little sore today from all the lifting. I hurt it working on the deck, and it was just getting better before yesterday.