Monday, August 21, 2006

Back to the grind

My computer at work will no longer allow me to log on to update my blog, so I have to do it from home. No big deal, I just used my lunch and breaks to do stuff.

I am not quite done with the deck. Still need to do the handrail and ballisters. I don't have any pictures at the moment.

It was hard to get up and go to work today, having slept in for a while.

R. spent the weekend. It's the first time she has been around for any significant amount of time for months. Emotionally she is all over the map. I hate to see her suffer, but she chose to go down the junkie path, and I can only support her if she is trying to go straight.

At one point she wanted somebody to drive her over to her suppliers house, but everyone told her we loved her too much to do that, so she left on the bus.

It is awfully hard on me to let her go, but I need to separate myself if I am to survive.

5 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I know what you mean about the blog thing...I'm taking my chances commenting but all my work is currently done anyway.

And that's tough with R. But there's really nothing else you can do other than be there for her. Good luck.

Al said...

Stacy, we have all missed you from the magic kingdom of Penuttia (pronounced PEE-NEW-SHA). Even a monach needs a break.
Thanks for the encouragement.

Rick said...

I'd be much more productive if I didn't work at home. ;-)

And you know how we feel about R.

Al said...

Thanks Rick. Last I heard she wanted to come to Bremerton for the show at the end of Spetember. If I keep throwing the life preserver, maybe she'll eventually use it.....

Al said...

Thannks Denny. It has been a real struggle.