Thursday, August 10, 2006

Deck

They delivered the materials for the deck yesterday. They mixed up some of the order, but I'm not going to complain. I ordered treated redwood decking, and they deliverd Redwood composite decking. I priced the composite stuff, and it was almost $1000.00 more. I won't be returning it. Someone also threw in a 14' treated 4 X 6 that doesn't appear on the manifest.

I am taking off next week to build the deck, but I may get started tonight. I need to remember to take pictures as I go along.

Saturday we are going with Morning Light to jail for a concert. That is always a lot of work, and a lot of fun, and a long day. I'll try to remember to take the camera. I am hoping R. will go with us. They have a lot of resources for recovering drug addicts and alcoholics. But you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

4 comments:

Rick said...

Wow! I didn't know they sold redwood up here, even as a composite. I built everything out of redwood when I lived in California... decks, fences, furniture, coffins... uh, back up one step. Make that packing crates.

Al said...

It's a pretty wood, but I prefer good red cedar, if given a choice. Of course there isn't any of THAT around any more unless you can salvage it out of an old building or something.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

"But you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped"

You typed a mouthful there! Believe me, I know!

Good luck on the deck...I'm sure it's going to be gorgeous!

Al said...

I think I'll do a day-by-day shot of the new deck as it goes up.